Tuesday 14 May 2013

Bear Mountain Blizzard Bouldering 2013


Monday April, 29 2013. Bear Mountain Trip.

Even though the snow was coming down and the drive down felt more like a ski road trip than a climbing trip we stuck it out, and had a fun, and interesting day. Not only did we encounter snow but, also just as we were approaching our last turn we encountered an obstacle, good thing we had Ty's Ford to get us through. Not long after we got to Bear Mountains and our crash pads were opened and planted into the rising snow drifts the sun decided to peak it's head and the wind actually stopped! I decided this would be the best time as any to jump on one of my summer projects, "The Doctors Office V6." With the rock and myself being cold my fingers slipped off the first big pinch and I raked my knuckles down the wall, it looked like I had beed attacked by a meat grinder. Ouch! I had been there for fifteen minutes and I was gushing. I decided I had better take a break, so I took the time to take a walk and explore a new area. I found allot of new boulders and after taking too many photos vowed to be back when the sun was shining. I then headed back to the project taped up and gave it my all coming to the crux move once. It's a huge move from a sloper and two awkwardly high feet, I have to say the due to the committed move that is awkward and high off the deck I was intimidated. I tried until the tank was emptied then we called it a day. I am determined to send this beauty. I also have to say that Bear Mountain is a great place for the new climber to get out to, many easy but fun boulder problems that promote good technique and hours of enjoyment.  Here are some snaps from the trip.

The road to Bear Mountain left me asking myself "What are you doing?"




The Tree That we were faced with "Should we turn back?"


"Nope Ty's Got It"
Courtesy of the pinch on "The Doctors Office"

We actually climbed...a little. 


No comments:

Post a Comment