Tuesday 14 May 2013

Climbing up a Storm!


Since the college year ended, at the end of April, the climbing has been non stop. Every weekend for three weeks, and another climbing trip has been planned for this weekend. Being that this is only my second serious year climbing outdoors, I have to say that I am happy with my progress and I am also happy to be able to be a representative of and for some new climbers out there that are looking to get outside on some real rock. I have been thinking long and hard lately about how I can help out in all realms when it comes to this sport that I love so much, and the conclusion that I have drawn is that what I can due is do my best to help establish new climbing areas, as well as be an honest ambassador to all the new climbers out their that are trying to get over that sharp learning curve that can come with learning to advance in a sport that in many cases is dangerous if practiced incorrectly.  So here is how I have been contributing to lately as well as what I have been sending in the last few weeks!

    I will enclose three posts in the next few days, can't commit to logging them all in one sitting when there is climbing to be done. The first week out their we headed to Bear Mountain, our new close to home spot. Prior to this planned day of climbing the weather had been amazing but this particular monday the weather would take a drastic change. Record setting winds as well as a spring blizzard would put a damper on our sends but we were still pumped just to get out their and brush some holds in preparation of the summer season. Our second trip would be to Jasper National Park to check out the infamous Tonquin Boulder, as well as take the Sharp end for the first time outside, at Jaspers Juno Wall. Our third trip would be back to Bear Mountain, to finally get our mitts on some warm dry rock that we had been waiting on all winter long.
At The Tonquin Boulder        A little peak of what's to Come in the next few posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment